We collect several types of information about users of our products and Websites, specifically information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, company name, company address (“Personal Data”);
- that individually does not identify you, such as Websites traffic data, location data (through IP address), logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Websites, error information, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites;
- about your internet connection and the equipment, you use to access our Websites and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Websites. Information collected automatically may include usage details (including the number of installations for products you have purchased), IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and
We do not collect and do not have access to:
- any payment information such as bank account details, credit card information, check information. These are retained by our payment service providers.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The information we collect through our Websites includes:
- information that you provide by filling in various forms on our Websites, including without limitation, registration forms, contact forms, order forms, requesting services (such as customer support), forum posts, blog comments.
- records and copies of your correspondence (including name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number), if you contact us;
- your responses to our questions and surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- your search queries on the Websites.
The Personal Data we collect from you is required for MUTE International to provide you with our products and services. If you refuse to provide such Personal Data or withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Data, then in some cases we may not be able to fulfill our obligations to you.
MUTE International may offer publicly accessible pages, blogs, and community forums. You should be aware that, when you disclose information about yourself on these pages, blogs, and community forums, you do it at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Websites with whom you may choose to share your information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your information posted on publicly accessible pages will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. If you choose to submit content to any public area of the Websites, such content will be considered “public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein.
AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies or other methods of web analysis to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, specifically:
- details of your visits to our Websites, specifically traffic data, location data (through IP addresses), logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Websites, error information, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites;
- the number of installations for the products you have purchased; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, specifically your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways. It helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver a personalized service to you.
When you access and pay for services for the first time (or after you have cleared cookies on the device used to access our websites, you will see a consent screen with the permissions it requires to work.
You will be required to consent to this policy through an “opt in check box”. If you do not consent through “opting in” you will be unable to make a booking or pay for our services.
LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
As required by the Australia, United States and European data protection laws, we have a lawful basis for our collecting and processing of your Personal Data and want to be clear about the purposes for doing so.
The reasons for using your personal information may differ depending on the purpose of the collection. Generally, we use your information for the following purposes and on the following legal grounds:
- Legitimate interests. We will process your Personal Data as necessary for our legitimate interests. Specifically, our legitimate interests are to: facilitate communication between MUTE International and you; develop our products and services, detect and correct bugs in our products; improve our Websites; safeguard our IT infrastructure and intellectual property; detect and prevent fraud and other crime (including misappropriation of intellectual property); promote and grow our business. We do not process your Personal Data if your rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests.
- To perform our contractual services to you. We process your Personal Data in order to fulfill our obligations to you pursuant to our contract with you to deliver our products and services to you. Specifically, we use your contact information to provide you with the products, license keys, and support services that you order from us.
- As required by law. We may also process your Personal Data when we are required or permitted to by law; to comply with government inspection, audits, and other valid requests from government or other public authorities; to respond to legal process such as subpoenas; or as necessary for us to protect our interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies (for instance, when necessary to prevent or detect fraud, attacks against our network, or other criminal and tortious activities), defend litigation, and manage complaints or claims.
SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION
MUTE International does not ask you to provide, and we do not knowingly collect, any special categories of Personal Data from you, such as Personal Data that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical beliefs, or trade unions membership, or the processing of data concerning your health or data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation or history of criminal convictions.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
MUTE International does not use your Personal Data with any automated decision-making processes.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to present our Websites and its content to you;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to provide you with notices about your account, products, and services, including expiration and renewal notices, quotes and invoices;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes or updates to our Websites or any products or services you have purchased or that we offer or provide through our Websites;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
If you have expressly opted in to receive our newsletters, we may also use your information to send you information about our products, services, events and other activities that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving these communications at any time by following the “unsubscribe” links included in every e-mail communication, or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Service providers. We may use third-party service providers to perform services on our behalf. These parties are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. Specifically, such service providers include:We use Google Analytics to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our Websites and some of our products and services. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit
You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Google Analytics is used to collect anonymous statistics about our add-ons for Google Sheets, Google Docs, Excel Online, and Outlook Online.
- The Public when posted in certain public areas. Remember, our Websites allows you to connect and interact with others. Your profile information or information that you post on a forum or blog, including personal information, will be available publicly to other visitors of the Websites by default when you create a profile, interact with other users on the Websites, and post content to public areas such as forums and blogs.