Due to the Indonesian insurance companies claim process and that most of our customers are not able to meet the licensing requirements below, MUTE GARAGE BALI NO LONGER OFFERS MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE COVER.
THE FACTS REGARDING MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE AND ACCIDENT PROCEDURES IN INDONESIA
Motorcycle Insurance in Indonesia is NOT fully comprehensive. Insurance cover is only available for Total Loss Only (Accident damage totalling 75% or more of value of the motorcycle before you can make a claim). Fire and theft are also covered under a Total Loss Only Insurance). Any incident must be accompanied by an appropriate police report that must be completed within 24 hours of the motorcycle being in an accident or stolen. The police then request a period for up to 30 days or more to carry out an investigation regarding the theft. Please Note: Insurance companies will not allow any claims where the rider does not have the appropriate endorsed motorcycle license (either an International or Indonesian motorcycle license is necessary). This also applies to any type of theft of a motorcycle while the motorcycle is in possession of the renter. In most cases regarding theft, the insurance company will request that we have possession of the ownership Blue book, the original STNK license papers and also the 2 original keys that were provided with the new motorcycle.
While rare, motorcycle and scooter thefts do occur in Bali. The renter must make sure that all bikes are locked properly when not in use. To minimise the possibility of theft, all motorcycles are provided with a strong steering lock for this purpose. Mute staff will give you a demonstration of this procedure during the motorcycle orientation. The renter is responsible for parking their bikes/scooters in designated bike areas only or areas that you are directed to by parking staff. Once parked the motorcycle should be securely locked.
It is important to note that in Indonesia, if you are a foreigner and are involved in an incident regardless of fault, you maybe be considered at fault.
PT. MUTE URBAN TRANSPORTASI is not liable for any damage, theft or loss of the motorcycle including injury and/or death sustained by the rental clients while riding the motorcycles or to their pillion passengers and any other persons or third party that is involved in any type of accident.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have motorcycle accident cover included with your personal travel insurance, please check with your insurance company and verify what is the maximum engine capacity of a motorcycle or scooter that you are permitted to ride. In many cases travel insurance companies will not cover you if the motorcycle engine capacity exceeds 50cc. In Indonesia almost all motorcycles or scooters have an engine capacity of 110/125/150/250cc.
- If in the event that you become aware of a fault or if the motorcycle becomes mechanically unroadworthy for any reason, you must notify MUTE Garage Bali staff immediately on the contact numbers/email detailed in your agreement or our website. We will then organise a replacement bike for you at our earliest convenience within MUTE GARAGE BALI working hours.
- In the unfortunate case of an accident, theft, or any incident, please notify MUTE staff immediately within working hours on the numbers given within your agreement or website, please do not defer to the next day. We will attend to this incident, so we may potentially help or advise you with a police report if necessary.
- Please note: Where an accident occurs, after which our motorcycle is deemed to be unroadworthy or unrepairable and it is determined that the rental client / driver was negligent, under the influence alcohol or drugs, under aged, not in possession of a valid driving license or is not the nominated driver(s), the rental contract is immediately terminated with no refund and all repairs, replacement and all associated costs will be the clients responsibility. You will be notified by email or phone to be advised of the cost of repairs or replacement. If any refund is due it will be refunded immediately.
- Repairs are carried out at the manufacturers service centre (Honda/Yamaha etc.) at their listed prices, plus our administration fee. Some of the approximate costs are listed in Scooter Repair Schedule
- In the event of any accident or theft of a motorcycle, the renter is liable for all repairs and/or replacement. A cash payment or a deposit for the full value of damage or value of the motorcycle at the time of the accident or theft will be taken from the authorized credit card and held by PT. Mute Urban Transportasi (T/A Mute Garage Bali) until repair or replacement estimates are received from the repairer or Mute purchases a replacement motorcycle. Clients will be notified by email or phone of the cost of repairs or replacement and any refund that maybe due will be refunded immediately.
- If a motorcycle is stolen or an accident occurs after which our motorcycle is deemed to be unroadworthy, the rental contract is immediately terminated with no refund.
- If any of MUTE Garage Bali’s products are stolen or damaged i.e. bike, scooter, helmet, accessories etc. then please contact us immediately within working hours. Please also note that helmets are mandatory in Indonesia. All bikes/scooters have a compartment for safe helmet storage.
- Please note: All bikes/scooters are delivered with the (STNK) registration and tax papers within the bike. These documents are the legal documents required by the Indonesian government and are always to be kept in the bike in case of having to present them to the Police. Please keep this document safe as any loss will incur a replacement fee of IDR150,000 which will be the responsibility of the renter.
- Please note that only our Honda scooters are covered by 24-hour road-side assistance. If 24/7 assistance is required, please refer to the number decaled on the inside of the bike seat. For your reference, Honda’s road-side assistance number is 0361 438 008 or +62361 438 008
- PT. Mute Urban Transportasi is not liable to refund any losses caused by travel related problems including but not limited to cancelled or delayed flights, late arrivals etc. In this instance, you may take up these types of issues with your own travel agent or insurer.
PT. MUTE URBAN TRANSPORTASI, at any time, reserves the right to take possession of our motorcycle for any breach of this agreement and any undue care, misuse, or neglect to the motorcycle.